When I come back home from working all day in a professional kitchen and I want to eat my ration of fresh fish, this is the way I cook it. It is very tasty and very quick. Serve it with a composed salad and Voila! Dinner is served.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 3-4 min.
- 2 beautiful salmon filets
- 4 oz of your favorite salad dressing as a marinade or
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil with your favorite herbs or spice blend
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Your favorite mixed green salad with your favorite salad dressing
- Preheat your (toaster) oven to broil for 5 minutes. Place a Le Creuset enameled cast iron pan, cast iron pan or heavy stainless steel frying pan in your oven and allow to heat for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, you can prepare your salmon (or any fish, really) one of two ways:
- Brush the filets with your favorite vinaigrette on both sides. Place in a plastic bag and let marinade for 10 minutes.
- Brush your filets with olive oil. Press them into your favorite herbs blend. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- When your pan is well heated, take it out of the oven with oven mittens and place your fish filets on the hot pan. Put back in the oven right away. Using a timer, cook for 3 minutes, or more depending on your filets’ It’s ready!
Chef’s tip: Actually, if you don’t mind the bones, I prefer to get a slice of the salmon tail and cook it this way. It’s more fatty, thus more moist… and it costs less.