This Almond Biscotti recipe is the perfect complement for that well deserve coffee break. Whether you choose to drink it mid-morning or mid-afternoon, biscotti will always curve that sweetness craving. So this recipe is perfect for people with diabetes due to its low sugar and fat content.
- 5 Tbsp. butter, softened
- ½ cup artificial sweetener
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 ⅛ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325° Beat butter and artificial sweetener until well combined; beat eggs in a separate small bowl and then add to the sweetener and butter mixture. Then, add vanilla and almond extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, almonds, baking powder and salt until well blended. Add to butter mixture, stir until everything is well blended.
- Shape into a log 12 inches long, 1 ½ inches wide. Bake between 28 to 30 minutes or until light golden in color. Carefully transfer it from baking sheet to wire rack. Cool 5 minutes.
- Cut at a 45 degree angle into slices 1/2-inch thick. Place cut side down on baking sheet. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes. Remove and turn slices over. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Did you know…?
People with diabetes can eat everything they want. The trick to stay with good sugars and healthy weight is moderation!
One serving = 1 biscotti
Calories: 81 Protein: 2g Fiber: 0g Sugars: 3g Fat: 3g