Try this Asian Style Skirt Steak recipe to delight your family and friends with its mouthwatering main dish. People with diabetes should eat small portions of red meat as well as limiting the portions.
- 1 pounds skirt steak
- 1 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, reduced sodium
- ½ sesame oil
- ½ rice wine vinegar
- ½ packet sugar substitute
- Place green onions, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, and sugar substitute in a Ziploc bag; then add the steak.
- Turn to coat and place in the refrigerator about 1 hour, turning meat in bag once or twice. Preheat grill or broiler. Remove meat from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill or broil steak 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium doneness.
Did you know…?
People with diabetes should limit their red meat consumption to 1 once a week, and this recipe is perfect for that especial occasion!
One serving = about 4oz
Calories: 274 Protein: 32g Fiber: 0g Sugars: 1g Fat: 10g