Two key ingredients, lime and basil, liven up chicken for a fresh flavor.
Makes 8 servings
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- In large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup lime juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, salt and pepper and chicken. Marinate one hour or longer.
- Grill or broil chicken in oven 5-7 minutes on each side (discard marinade).
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon garlic, and basil; mixing well. Slice chicken and pour sauce over.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 171, Calories from Fat 36%, Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 73mg, Sodium 299mg,
Carbohydrates 2g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Total Sugars 1g, Protein 25g, Dietary Exchanges: 3 lean meat
Terrific Tip: If have fresh basil, this is a great time to use it.