Cucumber and cantaloupe belong to the same Cucurbitaceous family, and they share many health benefits. Cucumber is beneficial for people with diabetes due to its low glycemic index. Cantaloupe is also good for diabetics because it is a low calorie food. Make this refreshing beverage to please everyone on a hot day!
- 1 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- Half cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 8 cups of cold water, divided
- ⅔ cup No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 4 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- In a blender, add cantaloupe, cucumber and 1½ or 2 cups water just long enough to make a coarse pulp.
- In a large pitcher pour cantaloupe- cucumber mix, sweetener, lime juice, and remaining water. Stir until sweetener dissolves.
- Serve in tall glasses over crushed ice. Garnish with cantaloupe wedges or lime slices, if desired. Serves 8.
Did you know…?
One serving = 1½ cup
Calories: 45 Protein: 0g Fiber: 1.5g Sugars: 7.5g Fat: 0g