Cantaloupe adds an unexpected twist to this mouthwatering Caprese Salad. Choose one that ripe but firm and very fragrant. People with diabetes will benefit from the high amounts of vitamin C in this recipe!
- ½ cup of cantaloupe melon, cubed
- ½ tomato, sliced
- ¼ fresh baby mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- A dash of salt
- A dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Use a large serving platter to arrange the tomatoes and cantaloupe.Top with the fresh baby mozzarella cheese.
- Drizzle cantaloupe, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Finish by sprinkling with fresh basil, salt and pepper.
Did you know…?
Tomatoes have a lot of health benefits for people with diabetes, the have high amounts of vitamin C and antioxidants; in addition, they are delicious!
Calories: 75 Protein: 3g Fiber: 1g Sugars: 6g Fat: 5g