Ripe juicy tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil, this Caprese salad rocks!
Makes 4 (2/3 cup) serving
- 2 cups sliced tomatoes or Roma tomatoes
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In shallow bowl or plate, layer or arrange tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and season to taste. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately.
Nutritional info per serving:
Calories 109, Calories from Fat 69%, Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 17mg, Sodium 18mg, Carbohydrates 4g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 3g, Protein 4g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat