- 4 4-ounce boneless chicken breast, rinsed
- ½ cup white wine
- 3 tsp. powder garlic
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ tsp. parsley leaves
- Dash of salt (optional)
Prep time: 20
Serves: 4 Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
Nutritional facts per serving:
Calories: 174 | Fat: 5 g | Saturated fat: 1 g | Protein: 25 g | Cholesterol: 67 mg
Carbohydrate: 3 g | Sodium: 18 mg | Dietary fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 2 g |
- Place a medium sized skillet over medium heat.
- Now, sprinkle both sides of chicken with garlic powder.
- Then, coat skillet with canola oil or your cooking spray of choice.
- Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Remove chicken from skillet and put aside.
- Add olive oil, wine, tomatoes, onion and parsley leaves to skillet and allow to boil for 4-5 minutes or until sauce like consistency.
- Remove sauce from heat and pour evenly over the chicken.
- Now, serve and enjoy!
Although we usually use parsley as a mere decoration on our plates, we must begin to give it a more important role and increase our daily consumption if we want to strengthen our immune system, increase the quantity of antioxidants and improve the levels of iron and folic acid in our bodies.