Meatballs are a classic, and this recipe will turn them into a favorite among diabetic people. This recipe has only 2 grams of sugar per serving, and it can be serve with pasta, in a sandwich, or with mashed potatoes and gravy! This recipe equals endless options!
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp canola oil
- Combine all ingredients, except the oil, in a medium bowl. Shape into 24 meatballs; about 1 ½ each.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs between 9 to 11 minutes gently turning occasionally. They are ready when no longer pink in center.
- Remove from skillet and drain excess fat over paper towel.
Did you know…?
This Diabetic Friendly Meatballs can be served warm or cold with a salad for a low-carb dinner. In addition, these meatballs can be frozen for up to a month on an airtight container.
One serving = 6 meatballs
Calories: 250 Protein: 26g Fiber: 2g Sugars: 2g Fat: 10g