- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 oz. angel hair pasta, uncooked
Prep time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 Serving Size: 1 ½ cup
Nutritional facts per serving:
Calories: 196 | Fat: 1 g | Saturated fat: 0 g | Protein: 9 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg
Carbohydrate: 40 g | Sodium: 7 mg | Dietary fiber: 5 g | Sugar: 6 g |
- Mix tomatoes, basil, garlic, and black pepper in a medium sized container.
- Cook angel hair pasta according to package directions
- Pour mixture over pasta, and top with Parmesan cheese.
Did you know?
Commercially made tomato sauce has an extremely high GI due to additives added that make the taste sweeter and last longer. Go for the fresh alternatives!
Note: The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek medical advice for any questions regarding a medical condition or changes in your treatment.