- 1 stick trans-fat free margarine
- 2/3 cup Splenda or dietary sugar supplement
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 cup miniature dark chocolate chips or dark chocolate shavings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yield: 18 servings / Serving Size: 1 cookie
Nutritional facts per serving:
Calories: 90 | Fat: 10 g | Saturated fat: 3g | Protein: 3 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg
| Carbohydrate: 25 g | Sodium: 65 mg | Dietary fiber: 1 g | | Sugars: 7 g |
- Cream margarine and sugar together in a large mixing bowl with hand beaters.
- Add egg white; mix until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Scrape the bowl and mix until the cookie dough forms a ball.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Scoop cookies using small scoop or tablespoon onto nonstick cookie tray.
- Bake in the oven until done, around 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Allow to cool at room temperature. Store in bags or sealed container.
Did you know?
Dark chocolate doesn’t contain milk solids and usually doesn’t have a high percentage of sugar. Because of the low sugar content, dark chocolate doesn’t spike blood sugar the way other sweets and candies do, making it an acceptable as an occasional sweet for the diabetic.