This simple dessert is loaded with vitamin C, which is the one we need the most during Winter. A tasty way to ward off colds.
Prep Time: 20 min.
- 2 large pink grapefruit, peeled and quartered
- 4 navel oranges, peeled and quartered
- Juice of 2 fresh oranges
- 2 Tbsp local honey or raw agave nectar
- 4 oz frozen raspberries (1/2 cup)
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Peel the grapefruits and oranges with a small knife.
- Over a medium bowl, cut the citrus fruit into quarters, making sure to cut between the sections’ Squeeze out the juice remaining in the pulp. Drain the quarters, reserving the sections and the juice in separate bowls.
- In a food processor, place the drained juice, the juice of two additional oranges, the juice of one lemon, the honey and the frozen raspberries. Process together well. If you wish to avoid the raspberry seeds, strain the sauce over the quartered fruits. Toss lightly.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve in bowls, topped with a fresh mint leaf.
Chef’s tip: This dessert is very refreshing after a heavy meal.