Tasty tomato and veggies juice that will refresh as well as give you energy and boost your immune system. In addition, it has 65% of vitamin A which is great for people with diabetes as it helps maintain healthy eyes.
- 1 cup chopped hearts of romaine
- Half cucumber
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 large tomatoes
- ¼ fresh jalapeño, stemmed and seeded
- 1 large red bell pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 2 large stalks celery, trimmed; keep the leaves
- 1 medium carrot, stem removed
- 1 small beet
- Wash and pat dry all veggies; keep in the fridge for at least 2 hours prior to juicing.
- Add the ingredients starting by lettuce, and then chives; continue with tomatoes. Then, add jalapeño, bell pepper, and celery. Finish with the carrot and beet. Juice according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Pour the juice into two tall glasses. Serve right away.
Did you know…?
This juice is a great option for people with diabetes because it is loaded with vitamin C and A.
One serving = about 10 oz.
Calories: 52 Protein: 1g Fiber: 2g Sugars: 7g Fat: 0g