Try this mouthwatering Tuna and Asparagus Pie paired with a fresh garden salad; this easy savory pie will be perfect for dinner or lunch. Diabetic people benefit from eating small portions very 2 to 3 hours, this nutritious pie will help you keep a healthy weight.
- ½ asparagus, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. Swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. tuna can, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp. fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle asparagus, onions, 3 oz. of cheese, and the tuna in pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients with a whisk until blended.
- Pour into pie plate and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 2 extra minutes until cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes and serve warm.
Did you know…?
Asparagus have a low glycemic index which makes them a wonderful option for people with diabetes. In addition, one cup of this veggie has 27 calories and about 3 grams of protein.
One serving = 1/6 pie
Calories: 235 Protein: 19g Fiber: 1g Sugars: 7g Fat: 13g