- 1-cup almonds, raw
- 6-cups water
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. non-caloric sweeter. You can add two pitted dates for an exotic flavor!
- Ground cinnamon
Prep time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4 Serving Size: 1 cup of almond milk
Nutritional facts per serving:
Calories: 60 | Fat: 2.5 g | Saturated fat: 0 g | Protein: 1 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg
Carbohydrate: 8 g | Sodium: 150 mg | Dietary fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 1 g |
1. Soak almonds, in two cups of water overnight. This will hydrate and facilitate the process of obtaining the almond milk.
2. Remove the water used to soak the almonds. Place the almonds in a blender and add two cups of water. Blend for two minutes. You’ll get a thick, creamy mixture. Add the remaining two cups of water and blend for 2 to 3 minutes more.
3. Pour the content of the blender into the metal strainer.
4. Add vanilla and sweetener. Mix
5. Enjoy your delicious home made vanilla almond milk.
Homemade almond milk can be stored in a clean glass container and preserved in a fridge for up to 5 days. Shake before serving!
Check below our video on How To Prepare Almond Milk
Note: The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek medical advice for any questions regarding a medical condition or changes in your treatment.