An ingredient mixture of cool crisp watermelon, juicy tomatoes, and fresh basil with balsamic vinegar creates an extraordinary and invigorating light salad.
Makes 10 (1/2-cup) servings
- 4 cups scooped out watermelon balls or chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- In bowl, combine watermelon, onion, tomatoes and basil. Whisk together oil and vinegar, toss with salad. Season to taste. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 46, Calories from fat 29%, Fat 0g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 6mg
Carbohydrate 8g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g, Protein 1g
Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat